From the colours you wear to what style of clothes to avoid, there seems to be a wealth of do's and don’ts out there.
2. SAY HI TO HEELS : One of the most obvious and embraced fashion tips for short girls is to wear heeled shoes. Whether you’re after a bit of a lift or added inches, a pair of heeled shoes will physically give you extra height. If you’re not used to teetering around in stilettos, why not try a ‘safer’ option like a wedge shoe?
5. CHOOSE THIN BELTS : When it comes to fashion tips for short girls, belts can be dangerous territory. Using a belt to cinch in a dress or top can effectively cut your body in half and hamper efforts of creating an elongated silhouette. As a general rule, however, stick to slimmer belts as they are better proportioned.
Here are the top 5 that we at Oranje bring you:
1. Go Monochrome : Wearing a single colour from head to toe can help create an elongated silhouette, giving the illusion of height. Too many different colours can break up your silhouette, creating a blocky appearance.
|High Heels "A Good Idea"|
3. WEAR HIGH WAISTED STYLES : Creating the appearance of being taller is all about proportions. Wearing high waisted shorts, pants or skirts creates a kind of optical illusion. The higher waist leads to the appearance of longer legs and thus a more willowy silhouette.
|High Waisted Jeans/Pants|
4. SHOW OFF SHORTER HEMS : Mini skirts and dresses are great if you have the legs for it. Combined with the right choice of shoe, they can create the appearance of long, lean legs. However, skirts and dresses that finish just above the knee are a safer bet for most short girls.
|Short Hem Skirts|